Highlights / Info
- Visiting three London Pubs with a unique history
- Walking tour with expert guide seeing historic parts of the city: Clink Prison, the Palace of Winchester
- Learn about the brewing process at the Craft Beer Co. and sample beers
- Included beer’ flight’ (three small taster of British beer)
- Experience London Pub Culture
- Audio technology with personal headset throughout the tour ensures you never miss a word of your guide’s live commentary.
Tour Duration : 3h
Live Guide : English
Departure : All year Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday
Pick Up service: No pick up service
Enjoy an insider’s tour through the back streets of the city to discover three of the oldest pubs in London.
Historic Pubs of London
There are few more quintessentially English experiences than enjoying a pint of ale in a centuries-old public house. This unique tour takes you to some of London’s best. You will have a quintessentially English experience than having a pint in a centuries old public house
Your adventure begins at The Centre Page; partially destroyed by The Great Fire of London this beautiful pub was famously referenced in Charles Dickens’ The Pickwick Papers and was rumoured to be where Guy Fawkes held Gun Powder Plot meetings.
Then it’s on to the Anchor Bankside, once a favourite with river pirates and smugglers, it was also from where Samuel Pepys watched the Great Fire of London and where Doctor Johnston wrote part of his dictionary.
Your final stop is the Old Thameside Inn; an old spice warehouse located by the remains of Cardinal Wolsey’s Winchester Palace and proud neighbour to the full-scale replica of Sir Francis Drake’s ship; The Golden Hind.
Terms & conditions
- Beer tasting
- Guided walking tour
- Personal audio headset
What’s not included
- Personal expenses
- Pick up / Drop off
3.00pm, at the steps of St Paul’s Cathedral
Tour Finishes: Approx 6.00pm, at The Old Thameside Inn, near London Bridge rail and underground station.
This tour is not suitable for children under the age of 18 years. Beer can only be served to adults 18 years or older.
*All tours to be booked at least 72 hours in advance, subject to availability