Highlights / Info
- Understanding the history of wine in France
- Exploring lesser known varietals
- Exploring minimalistic winemaking and different techniques of grape growing
- Gaining a better understanding of the wine business and trade
- Ordering French wine – how to save money by gaining confidence and knowledge.
- How to read a French wine label – concepts of Terroir and AOC
Tour Duration : 02H00
Live Guide : French, English, Spanish
Departure: Every Monday at 5h30pm
Pick Up service: No pick up, meeting point
You are ready to accept that French wine is not just Bordeaux, Chateauneuf du Pape and Sancerre? Well, this might just be the right tasting for you.
In this tasting, you’ll taste varietals you’ve never had before, we’ll explore the work of talented winemakers who do things differently, we’ll travel to lesser known appellations and regions…
This tasting will have a stronger historical approach than most others we offer. We’ll help you understand the why and the how of the tremendous French wine diversity. Your sommelier will also teach you about the business of wine, making you a much more educated wine consumer.
And more importantly, you will get to taste exciting wines – that are not only different but also delicious and enlightening. This tasting is a great complement to either our “Tour de France” or to our “Wine & Cheese Lunch”. Or you can also opt to just attend this one.
This tasting class is both informative and fun. In just two hours, you will learn a lot, and will taste good French wines. Then at 7.30 pm or so, we’ll let you go – vaguely tipsy maybe – for the rest of your Parisian evening!
Terms & conditions
- English speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- Private group booking of the wine cellars for the group
Bread baskets (same bakery as the president of France)
- The list of the wines we’ll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Riedel Glassware
- Six good French wines (including one Champagne)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenses
15 minutes before the beginning of the class. Meeting point will be provided on the voucher.
Youths aged 16 years and under need to be accompanied by adults.
Your voucher is to be given to your host prior to the tasting.
*All tours to be booked at least 72 hours in advance, subject to availability