Highlights / Info
- A relaxed wine-tasting environment and selection of Greek reds and whites, as well as a local dessert wine
- Best accompanying Greek meze with each variety of wine
- Detailed background information on the wines, the wineries and the vintages, as well as on the food
Tour Duration : 2h
Tour Time : Everyday from 11h00 to 13h30
Live Guide : English
Pick Up service: No pick up
A food & wine expert and blogger opens up her house in the center of Athens and welcomes you to a 2-hour feast into the secrets of Greek wines, food and culture.
During your visit you will get to taste the following:
Paired with mini Cretan Dakos (rye rusk) and ksinomizithra local cheese
Paired with spinach and cheese pie OR fresh green salad with manouri cheese and Greek balsamic vinegar
Bruscheta from homemade bread with siglino from Mani (smoked salted pork) and sweet mustard OR Saucage with orange and sundried tomato tapenade
Kotsifali-Mandilari varietiesΚοτσιφάλι – Μανδηλάρι
Rye rusk with Cretan gruyere cheese, walnuts and fig chutney
Dessert wine from Samos Island
Paired with baklava or semolina halva or Pasteli
Terms & conditions
- Preparation of the meal
- Being hosted at cook’s place
- Food and drinks as described in the menu which will be presented upon booking
What’s not included
- Personal expenses
- Pick up / drop off service from hotels in Athens
One of the central neighbourhoods of Athens. Detailed meeting instructions will be provided on the voucher.
*All tours to be booked at least 72 hours in advance, subject to availability
**This is a 12+ child friendly tour.
This activity does not operate on January 1st and December 25th.
Vegetarians and vegans can be accommodated with specially designed menus.
If you suffer from any food allergies or have special dietary requirements, you are kindly requested to let know us in advance while booking this tour.