Highlights / Info
- Champagne: how it is made and what makes it special
Wine appreciation techniques:
- how to taste wine properly – techniques and vocabulary
- How to read a French wine label – concepts of Terroir and AOC – quick comparison Old World vs. New World
- The main wine regions of France – the grapes they grow, the style of wines they make
- Where to find good value wine in France
- Plus answers to any questions you may have
Tour Duration : 02H00
Live Guide : French, English, Spanish, German, Portuguese…
Departure: Group daily
Pick Up service: No pick up, meeting point
We designed our masterclass for anyone with an interest in wine. You drink wine but would like to learn more about it? You feel rather comfortable ordering Californian or Australian wine but can’t really make sense out of French wine? You know the grapes you like but would like to learn more about the French regions? You’re coming to France and feel like learning about French wine would be a good thing to do – maybe just for the sake of being able to order the wines you like at a restaurant? Then this tasting is for you.
The tasting starts at 5pm in the 17th century wine cellar right near the Louvre. We’ll taste six different wines, coming from 6 different regions of France. From Champagne to Bordeaux, from Sancerre to the Rhone… just sit back and enjoy the Tour de France of wine – O Chateau style!
With a unique and refreshing approach, our sommelier will take you through a variety of themes to build up your wine knowledge. He will teach you how Champagne is made, how to taste wine properly. We’ll go together through the main wine regions of France – the grapes they grow, the style of wine they make. Your sommelier will teach you how to read a French wine label. He will clarify concepts like terroir or appellation…
Our masterclass is both informative and fun. In just two hours, you will learn a lot, and will taste good French wines. Then at 7pm or so, we’ll let you go – vaguely tipsy maybe – for the rest of your Parisian evening!
Terms & conditions
- English speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- Private group booking of the wine cellars for the group
Bread baskets (same bakery as the president of France)
- The list of the wines we’ll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Riedel Glassware
- Six good French wines (including one Champagne)
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenses
15 minutes before the beginning of the class. Meeting point will be provided on the voucher.
Youth aged 16 years and under need to be accompanied by adults.
Your voucher is to be given to your host prior to the tasting.
*All tours to be booked at least 72 hours in advance, subject to availability