Highlights / Info
- Champagne: how it is made and what makes it special
Wine appreciation techniques: how to taste wine properly – techniques and vocabulary
- How to read a French wine label – concepts of Terroir and AOC – quick comparison Old World vs. New World
- The main wine regions of France – the grapes they grow,
- the style of wines they make
- Secrets to pairing wine with food – helpful tips and recommendations
Tour Duration : 02H15
Live Guide : French, English, Spanish
Departure: Friday and Saturday at 8h15 pm
Pick Up service: No pick up, meeting point
During your stay in Paris, you will most likely eat at a restaurant twice a day. As fantastic as it is, it might also get old. Our Wine Tasting Dinner could be a special evening in your Paris food and wine experience: a real treat.
We created this experience for people willing to treat themselves with a different experience, and to a meal they will not forget! To sign up for this class, there is no need to be an expert. The important thing is to love wine and food and to want to have a good time.
The dinner starts at 8pm at O Chateau. You will be taken in a beautiful tasting room where your sommelier will await you. Throughout dinner, you’ll taste four different wines, chosen by your sommelier to match the food that night. The meal will be prepared by our Chef – Campbell Whitman – who’s a Cordon Bleu Culinary School graduate- with appetizer, main course and dessert. The menu is seasonal, so constantly changing, but here is an example of a recent menu we served:
– Homemade duck foie gras with apple and mango chutney and red onion jam
– Duck Magret with pumpkin velouté
– Moelleux au chocolat with homemade vanilla ice cream
With a unique and refreshing approach, your sommelier will take you through a variety of themes to build up and refine your wine knowledge. He will share with you the secrets necessary to taste wine properly, to navigate a wine list, and to choose wine at a restaurant. He will also expertly guide you through the main wine regions of France, explain to you how to read a French label, and how to pair wine with food…
Our Wine Tasting Dinner is both informative and fun. It is also always a unique experience where people get to meet similarly-minded people, food, fun and wine-lovers from all over the world, all seated at the same table.
We’ll finish up the evening with the tasting of a digestif (Bas-Armagnac, Cognac, Calvados…) — just to make sure you go back to your hotel with a big smile on your face!
Santé et Bon appétit!
Terms & conditions
- English speaking sommelier giving a fun and informative presentation
- Private booking of the wine cellars for the group if requested
- Three-course menu prepared by a French chef
- The list of the wines we’ll taste and a cheat sheet handed out at the end of the class
- Riedel Glassware
- Four fantastic French wines (including one Champagne) and a digestif during the dinner
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- Personal expenses
15 minutes before the beginning of the class. Meeting point details will be provided on the voucher.
Youths aged 16 years and under are need to be accompanied by adults.
Your voucher is to be given to your host prior to the tasting.
*All tours to be booked at least 72 hours in advance, subject to availability