CONNECTION_ERROR annie anniemal review

Self-effacing, fun and absolutely poptastic, Anniemal introduces Norway dance chick Anne Lilia Berge-Strand to the commercial music spectrum over half a decade since she debuted with her fresh single Greatest Hit.

Typically, American radio ignored it in favor of this hip hop garbage they seem to be pushing these days, which is a shame. Listen to Annie's "Anniemal."

Well, OK then. This music collection of Anniemal by Annie is a mix of futuristic sounding disco, pop, and dance. You can call it the most glorious ass-pull of a favorite album, but I don’t care: Annie’s “Anniemal” is one the best pop records of the past decade. Leave it to Scandinavia to come up with the most innovative music on earth.

First and foremost, no one can deny the impact of Bjork, who hails from Iceland. Change ). This is the perfect example of GREAT POP music - interesting but most especially FUN! Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2005. At one time, I considered making a list of the best songs of 2000’s, and while I thought that I had to listen to more stuff from the period to know better, all the lists I had in my mind had “Heartbeat” on #1. Then you get Sigur Ros, with their unique blast of a sound. From the airy, ethereal opening of the "Intro", to the frenetically chirping keyboards of the title track, to the melancholy fade out of "My Best Friend", this is a thoroughly enjoyable record. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Because of Annie co-writing ten out of twelve songs on “Anniemal”, this album feels more personal than anything you’d hear from Minogue, or Spears. This is a great sunny summer recording - and it brings to mind immediately the heyday of TOM TOM CLUB's first album with "Genius Of Love" and "Wordy Rappinghood". Then you get the breezy sounds of Royksopp, who have worked on a couple of tracks with Norwegian prodigy-child Annie. Reviewed in the United States on February 3, 2005. This page works best with JavaScript. Her sampling of Madonna's "Everybody" on "The Greatest Hit" is genius, and Annie's take genuinely adds something special to the original as she makes it her own. ← Love Songs on the Radio: favorite songs of 2010, Album review: The Bermuda Triangle – “Wonderland” →. Even with seven years elapsing since this track first gained attention in the Nordic dance niche, the song (containing a sample of Madonna's overlooked early single Everybody) remains such a lost gem that it has been appropriately included on Anniemal for newcomers. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. …but seriously, they don’t call Annie “Kylie Minogue hipsters don’t have to feel guilty about liking” for nothing. My main praise goes to the progression: being unfamiliar with music theory, I’ll just say that it does interesting things. In the abstract, "Annie" is fun. Anyone who samples Madonna's 'Everbody' and puts her own unique take on it gets a A in my book. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. And I just can’t resist liking Annie’s vocals… just like Rachel Goswell or Sarah Cracknell, if you subtracted their vocals from their respective bands’ work, they would sound the same, but they wouldn’t. I’m not sure if you’ll share my enthusiasm, but you’ve got to agree that the last minute or so of the song sounds as if it’s elevating itself straight ahead into the stratosphere. “Chewing Gum” sounds too much like Tom Tom Club’s “Genius of Love” for comfort (still, a great song, but why? If you like the 80's/90's style of pop - this is it. I'm telling you again, fling your preconceived notions out the car window, Annie … I bought this album largely based on reading good reviews, not having heard a single song from Annie... and let me tell you, her infectious form of 80's inspired sugary electro-dance-pop delivers the goods. The only qualms I have are that her confectionary sweet vocals can feel a little nauseating at times- kinda like if you sat down to eat a few chocolates, and end up scarfing the whole box. And the production’s not too shabby, either. Annie began recording music in 1999 with her boyfriend, Tore Kroknes, who died in 2001. You can call it the most glorious ass-pull of a favorite album, but I don't care: Annie's "Anniemal" is one the best pop records of the past decade. Unfortunately, Kroknes died of heart complications two years later, and Annie started work on her album all over again, bringing in collaborators like Richard X, Timo Kaukolampi of Op:l Bastards, and… Röyksopp. Possibly even loving.

I will nevertheless mention a few particulars. Reviewed in the United States on October 18, 2006. Greatest Hit is not alone in its finely honed production, with taut tracks including the soaring Helpless Fool For Love, the slipping beat of Chewing Gum and elegant desire of My Heartbeat. but that’s the schtick with the whole album – it purposely sounds like the Eighties, without any irony, kitsch or pretense. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. It is a good slice of Scandinavian (specifically Norwegian) electronic pop music. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

All the songs are extremely catchy and unique in their way.

Jisu Sky House, Treme Trailer, Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone Summary, Invictus Poem Summary, The Curse Of Oak Island Cancelled, Bee Movie Meme Face, City Of Tiny Lights Zappa, Touchy Feely Song, Multiplicity Meaning In Chemistry, Tindyebwa Agaba Wise Age, Popular Dolls 2020, Tom Curran Ipl 2018, Taca De Portugal 2017/18, Raising Cain Etymology, Manila Calling (1942 Full Movie), Lisa Nicole Carson Net Worth, Lloyd Banks Discography Zip, Usain Bolt 40-yard Dash, Gibson Brothers - Cuba Lyrics, Mike Phelan Family, Kate Berlant Movies And Tv Shows, Novigrad Witcher 3 Map, Justin Watson College Stats, Fauda Cast, Gabriel Lille, Pray For Paris Website, Hair Love Book Discussion Questions, " />

Self-effacing, fun and absolutely poptastic, Anniemal introduces Norway dance chick Anne Lilia Berge-Strand to the commercial music spectrum over half a decade since she debuted with her fresh single Greatest Hit.

Typically, American radio ignored it in favor of this hip hop garbage they seem to be pushing these days, which is a shame. Listen to Annie's "Anniemal."

Well, OK then. This music collection of Anniemal by Annie is a mix of futuristic sounding disco, pop, and dance. You can call it the most glorious ass-pull of a favorite album, but I don’t care: Annie’s “Anniemal” is one the best pop records of the past decade. Leave it to Scandinavia to come up with the most innovative music on earth.

First and foremost, no one can deny the impact of Bjork, who hails from Iceland. Change ). This is the perfect example of GREAT POP music - interesting but most especially FUN! Reviewed in the United States on September 24, 2005. At one time, I considered making a list of the best songs of 2000’s, and while I thought that I had to listen to more stuff from the period to know better, all the lists I had in my mind had “Heartbeat” on #1. Then you get Sigur Ros, with their unique blast of a sound. From the airy, ethereal opening of the "Intro", to the frenetically chirping keyboards of the title track, to the melancholy fade out of "My Best Friend", this is a thoroughly enjoyable record. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Because of Annie co-writing ten out of twelve songs on “Anniemal”, this album feels more personal than anything you’d hear from Minogue, or Spears. This is a great sunny summer recording - and it brings to mind immediately the heyday of TOM TOM CLUB's first album with "Genius Of Love" and "Wordy Rappinghood". Then you get the breezy sounds of Royksopp, who have worked on a couple of tracks with Norwegian prodigy-child Annie. Reviewed in the United States on February 3, 2005. This page works best with JavaScript. Her sampling of Madonna's "Everybody" on "The Greatest Hit" is genius, and Annie's take genuinely adds something special to the original as she makes it her own. ← Love Songs on the Radio: favorite songs of 2010, Album review: The Bermuda Triangle – “Wonderland” →. Even with seven years elapsing since this track first gained attention in the Nordic dance niche, the song (containing a sample of Madonna's overlooked early single Everybody) remains such a lost gem that it has been appropriately included on Anniemal for newcomers. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. …but seriously, they don’t call Annie “Kylie Minogue hipsters don’t have to feel guilty about liking” for nothing. My main praise goes to the progression: being unfamiliar with music theory, I’ll just say that it does interesting things. In the abstract, "Annie" is fun. Anyone who samples Madonna's 'Everbody' and puts her own unique take on it gets a A in my book. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. And I just can’t resist liking Annie’s vocals… just like Rachel Goswell or Sarah Cracknell, if you subtracted their vocals from their respective bands’ work, they would sound the same, but they wouldn’t. I’m not sure if you’ll share my enthusiasm, but you’ve got to agree that the last minute or so of the song sounds as if it’s elevating itself straight ahead into the stratosphere. “Chewing Gum” sounds too much like Tom Tom Club’s “Genius of Love” for comfort (still, a great song, but why? If you like the 80's/90's style of pop - this is it. I'm telling you again, fling your preconceived notions out the car window, Annie … I bought this album largely based on reading good reviews, not having heard a single song from Annie... and let me tell you, her infectious form of 80's inspired sugary electro-dance-pop delivers the goods. The only qualms I have are that her confectionary sweet vocals can feel a little nauseating at times- kinda like if you sat down to eat a few chocolates, and end up scarfing the whole box. And the production’s not too shabby, either. Annie began recording music in 1999 with her boyfriend, Tore Kroknes, who died in 2001. You can call it the most glorious ass-pull of a favorite album, but I don't care: Annie's "Anniemal" is one the best pop records of the past decade. Unfortunately, Kroknes died of heart complications two years later, and Annie started work on her album all over again, bringing in collaborators like Richard X, Timo Kaukolampi of Op:l Bastards, and… Röyksopp. Possibly even loving.

I will nevertheless mention a few particulars. Reviewed in the United States on October 18, 2006. Greatest Hit is not alone in its finely honed production, with taut tracks including the soaring Helpless Fool For Love, the slipping beat of Chewing Gum and elegant desire of My Heartbeat. but that’s the schtick with the whole album – it purposely sounds like the Eighties, without any irony, kitsch or pretense. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. It is a good slice of Scandinavian (specifically Norwegian) electronic pop music. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.

Jisu Sky House, Treme Trailer, Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone Summary, Invictus Poem Summary, The Curse Of Oak Island Cancelled, Bee Movie Meme Face, City Of Tiny Lights Zappa, Touchy Feely Song, Multiplicity Meaning In Chemistry, Tindyebwa Agaba Wise Age, Popular Dolls 2020, Tom Curran Ipl 2018, Taca De Portugal 2017/18, Raising Cain Etymology, Manila Calling (1942 Full Movie), Lisa Nicole Carson Net Worth, Lloyd Banks Discography Zip, Usain Bolt 40-yard Dash, Gibson Brothers - Cuba Lyrics, Mike Phelan Family, Kate Berlant Movies And Tv Shows, Novigrad Witcher 3 Map, Justin Watson College Stats, Fauda Cast, Gabriel Lille, Pray For Paris Website, Hair Love Book Discussion Questions, " />

Cart

annie anniemal review

The album combines Annie's thin, airy vocals with heavily layered beats. Annie's Anniemal is riveting because it lacks the waxy sheen we've grown accustomed to with prefabricated pop. Really well done by Annie! I am fortunate to have been originally exposed to hearing Annie’s music with the Chewing Gum song featured online via Yahoo sometime around 2005/2006 when there was still Yahoo music. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. In the particular, it has all sorts of problems, and I guess the only way to really enjoy the movie is to just ignore the particulars. Reviewed in the United States on July 20, 2015, Reviewed in the United States on November 12, 2006. This is what Madonna's Confessions On A Dance Floor should have sounded like. Error: Twitter did not respond. This album has some brilliant music, coupled with equally great production and Annie's thin, breathy…

Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. ADVERTISE, “I can make syncopation sound like death.” - John Fahey, Macintosh Plus announces new album, shares 12-minute preview called “Sick, 2010s: Favorite 100 Music Releases of the Decade, https://www.tinymixtapes.com/sites/default/files/arton2455_0.jpg, https://www.tinymixtapes.com//writer/matty+g, John Peel’s record collection soon to be made available online as virtual museum… those poor BBC interns, clipping. This album has some brilliant music, coupled with equally great production and Annie’s thin, breathy vocals, at times reminiscent of Sarah Cracknell (of Saint Etienne fame) or Kylie Minogue or Britney Spears…. Hailing from Norway, not far from pop capital of the world Sweden (ABBA, Ace of Base, et al. Why should I be ashamed anyway? Other favorites on this record include "No Easy Love", and "Heartbeat", the perfect song to listen to right before you leave the house on a Friday night to meet up with your friends to go dancing. release a 24-hour song, acapella tracks, and a remix album, Thurston Moore collaborates with Bernie Sanders campaign on new song, offers free vinyl to campaign contributors. (This record will forever be linked in my mind to the summer of 2006, when I discovered, and continued to play, the heck out of it.) Right. There, I said it.

Jisu Sky House, Treme Trailer, Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Stone Summary, Invictus Poem Summary, The Curse Of Oak Island Cancelled, Bee Movie Meme Face, City Of Tiny Lights Zappa, Touchy Feely Song, Multiplicity Meaning In Chemistry, Tindyebwa Agaba Wise Age, Popular Dolls 2020, Tom Curran Ipl 2018, Taca De Portugal 2017/18, Raising Cain Etymology, Manila Calling (1942 Full Movie), Lisa Nicole Carson Net Worth, Lloyd Banks Discography Zip, Usain Bolt 40-yard Dash, Gibson Brothers - Cuba Lyrics, Mike Phelan Family, Kate Berlant Movies And Tv Shows, Novigrad Witcher 3 Map, Justin Watson College Stats, Fauda Cast, Gabriel Lille, Pray For Paris Website, Hair Love Book Discussion Questions,

About the Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »