CONNECTION_ERROR femi oke biography

Cart

femi oke biography

Based at the CNN Centre in Atlanta, she spent nine years anchoring and reporting. The show is now fronted by Isha Sesay. All Rights Reserved. She also anchored CNN International's World Weather Service and presented weather segments for the programs Your World Todayand World News, and appeared as a daily newscaster, contributor and interviewer on Public Radio International/WNYC's morning public radio news program, The Takeaway. The fellowship took her to Liberia to report on the historic elections which culminated in Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf’s becoming Africa's first female head of state. Her speaking and lecturing credits include the University of Liberia Emory University in Atlanta, University of South Carolina, the European Commission ‎, the World Food Programme in Rome and theUnited Nations Development Programme in New York, Nairobi and Monrovia. Femi Oke is a British-Nigerian journalist, media trainer, and television and radio correspondent.

Femi Oke is an international broadcaster and a correspondent for WNYC Radio’s national syndicated news show The Takeaway. 1982: Joins LBC Radio aged 14 as a junior reporter, 1988: Gets a job at the BBC after doing a degree in English, works at World Service, Radio 1, 4 and Five Live, 1994: Presents the weather for LWT while presenting and producing other shows, including Five’s The Mag, which is nominated for a Bafta in 1998, 1999: Joins CNN as international weather anchor, and joins Inside Africa as a reporter in 2000, 2002: Reports from the Olympic Games in Salt Lake City, 2005: Becomes Inside Africa’s presenter and reports live from the Liberian elections.

Moreover, her salary as a journalist is around $38k per year. She is a graduate of Birmingham University where she received a bachelor's degree in English literature and language. Oke’s reporting has been recognized by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), the African Communications Agency and InterAction. Femi Oke started her journalism career at the early age of 14 as a junior reporter for the United Kingdom’s first talk radio station London Broadcasting Company. ZODML's vision is a Nigeria in which everyone has the ability to educate themselves. In addition, Femi joined CNN in 1999 and served there for nine years. Memorable moments from her career include wrestling a crocodile in Jamaica and reporting from Antarctica at minus 37C. She’s an international journalist, writer and moderator. Her work has been recognized by the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), the African Communications Agency, InterAction, the Peabody Awards Committee. This reporter’s net worth is estimated at around $1 million.

Femi Oke was born on 30 June 1966. I’d call up his LBC show every weekend, and enjoyed it so much, I decided that I would work for radio, too. She was named Nigerian media personality of the year in 2007 and is the winner of Interaction media award in 2008 for her commitment to broadcasting the complex issues of Africa. Femi Oke was born in London, England, to Nigerian parents of the Yoruba ethnic group. So far, I’ve had no mishaps and lots of appreciative feedback. There is not any information regarding his love life. Give us a call. Femi Oke Co-founder of http://moderatethepanel.com , the diverse moderators bureau.

At first, this freaked me out. Femi Oke Biography and Profile. Femi was awarded a media fellowship to report from Monrovia on Liberia’s elections. When I’m looking for interesting weather stories I look to the net – the BBC, Yahoo News and AP News.

This journalist has also an official website. Since the 1980s, she has worked for BBC television and radio, Sky TV, all U.K. terrestrial television networks, CNN and U.S. public radio. Nigerian University Past Questions Papers, United Nations World Meteorological Organization, National Association of Black Journalists Fellow, ‎The Economic Community of West African States, How Well Do You know the Books of Chinua Achebe? There are five mini-TVs in my studio. Femi Oke is a British-Nigerian television presenter and journalist who is currently working for Al Jazeera English. She is the daughter of a Nigerian father and mother.

During Wire TV, she has hosted a couple of shows which consists Soap on the Wire alongside Chris Stacey. A great moderator can transform an event. Oke also worked for a cable station called Wire TV (the predecessor to Janet Street Porter's L!VE TV). She has almost 2865 followers on Instagram and more than 68.7k followers on Twitter.

It certainly gives you a strong sense of responsibility to check your sources and ensure that the information is correct. Femi Oke was born on 30 June 1966.

Of course the more the audience heckled, the more flustered the moderator became.

At a time when CNN's Africa coverage was sparse, she helped launch and reported for the network's weekly award-winning African affairs programme Inside Africa, a programme which explores the economic, social and cultural affairs and trends in Africa. After graduating from the University of Birmingham, she joined theBritish Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) as a radio reporter and producer. Femi has traveled the world hosting high-profile events, leading global conversations and teaching moderating workshops. I catch up with international news first on the net – CNN and the BBC. Last but not least, she also brings joy, wit and fun to your event.” Marc de Fleurieu, “European Development Days”, Europe’s premier forum on global poverty. Now delighted to jump in the deep end as host. When I joined CNN, I knew that there was a lot more I wanted to do than presenting the weather. Besides, she is also an active public speaker who has spoken as a guest lecturer in universities and prestigious organizations. In addition, she has been also appearing as a guest speaker in Universities and the United Nations, World Food Programme. So far, she has never seen anyone. Once I’m online, the television goes on in the background and I surf around the international satellite news channels. Oke has assisted the United Nations World Meteorological Organization with training international broadcast meteorologists in Buenos Aires, Argentina and Mozambique. There are no drastic rumors regarding her personal and professional life. In fact, Tommy Boyd, now on BBC Southern Counties Radio, describes me as his first stalker! It seems she is totally focused on her work. In 1988, she graduated from the University of Birmingham with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Literature and Language.

Her prevalence on local, national and international TV has led to a second career as a moderator and facilitator at global forums and conferences. While on stage with his panel, he took out his lunch and proceeded to eat it. In the same year, Oke was named Nigerian media personality of the year and received the Interaction Media Award in 2008 for her commitment to shedding light on the complex issues facing the African continent. She is British by Birth, Nigerian by parentage and a New Yorker by zip code! Read more. She has a sibling named Fumni Oke. Early Life and EducationOke was born on June 30, 1966 in London to Nigerian emigrant parents. She’s an international journalist, writer and moderator. I’m still part of the world weather team, but I also present Inside Africa live, and travel to Africa quite regularly to report.

She is an international journalist, television and radio host, presenter, producer, keynote speaker, moderator, emcee, master of ceremonies, media advisor and trainer. Creating just the right ambience, while keeping the audience engaged is more than a skill; it’s an art. “Moderating a panel is deceptively hard, but Femi Oke makes it look easy. Wherever you are in the world, we’re here for you. Oke has worked for GMTV (now ITV Breakfast Limited), London Weekend Television (now part of ITV London), Carlton Television (also now part of ITV London), Men & Motors, Sky Television, and all of the UK’s terrestrial television networks. As well as her national radio commitments on The Takeaway Femi (@FemiOke) is co-director of the guerilla documentary production company Fazoke films. She was born and brought up in south-west London to Nigerian parents, and now lives in Atlanta, where CNN has its HQ, with her husband.

Michele Morrone Net Worth, 1979 Sanfl Grand Final Teams, Mount Zion Church, Smashbox Primer Oil, John Cassavetes: Five Films, Kool Keith Thetan, Travis Van Winkle Net Worth, Vivienne Kove, Jeannie Mai And Jeezy Engagement Ring, University Of Tennessee Football Coaching Staff 2020, Roland Tr-808 Vst, Triple J Station, Naples, Florida Real Estate, Ufc Pay-per-view Cost, Spal Automotive, Richard Keys Newcastle, 5x-6x Plus Size Clothing, Love And Death Chemicals Lyrics, Cendrillon Cinderella, What To Do In Paris, Texas, Desert Hearts Streaming, Blackout Candace Owens, Don't Be Afraid Poem, Roh Results 2020, What Happened At End Of Meek's Cutoff, Wanksta Meme, Digital Nomad Meaning,

About the Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »