CONNECTION_ERROR importunate etymology
Her obstinacy paid off, and on 12 June Bedingfield rendered his apologies to the Council for having been 'enforced, by the importunate desires of this great lady, to trouble your lordships with more letters than be contentful to mine own opinion'. 1 Of a demand: persistent or pressing, often annoyingly so.

1 Of a demand: persistent or pressing, often annoyingly so. The etymology of the word dates back to the 1520s from the Medieval Latin word importunatus.

Related: Importunately (mid-15c.). In his story, headlined Form and Fungus, he also uses some interesting words. The chair, like the music, was worked by machinery and it rolled her to the other side of … This page was last edited on 28 September 2019, at 16:12. Perhaps a knight heading after you with a lance?)

The important question was agitated in their presence, and those ambitious courtiers easily discerned, that it was incumbent on them to second, by their eloquence, the importunate violence of the Caesar. The boy on the stairs, who was to fence him from importunate visitors, led a life of luxurious disoccupation, and whistled almost uninterruptedly.

15 synonyms of importunate from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 19 related words, definitions, and antonyms. adj. Increase your vocabulary and you’ll make your writing much more precise. Find another word for importunate. Information and translations of importunacy in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. Definition of importunacy in the Definitions.net dictionary. Importunate \Im*por"tu*nate\ ([i^]m*p[^o]r"t[-u]*n[asl]t), a. Troublesomely urgent; unreasonably solicitous; 1909, E.M. Forster, “I”, in The Machine Stops: 'I suppose I must see who it is', she thought, and set her chair in motion.

Etymology 2. v (context rare English) To importune, or to obtain by importunity.

(It’s the perfect word to describe a ringing phone when you’re too busy to answer it.) Etymology 1.

That’s why I provide a word of the week. While he struggled with these mortifications, his wants grew more and more importunate, and his creditors became clamorous. "Please, please take me to the mall!" But the fair Honoria had no sooner attained the sixteenth year of her age, than she detested the importunate greatness which must forever exclude her from the comforts of honorable love. The chair, like the music, was worked by machinery and it rolled her to the other side of the room where the bell still rang, https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=importunately&oldid=54348664, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Perhaps a knight heading after you with a lance?). Meaning of importunacy. “Importunate,” — an adjective that sounds awfully like “unfortunate” — actually means something that is urgent or persistent in solicitation, sometimes annoyingly so.

As adjectives the difference between pressing and importunate is that pressing is needing urgent attention while importunate is of a demand: persistent or pressing, often annoyingly so. For a while they talked about the animals' wild relations, the banteng and the gaur, either of which might have breathed upon Stephen by night at Kumai - creatures of enormous size - and then Stephen said, 'My colleague is importunate to know what happened last night. -- Etymology 2. overpressing in request or demand; urgent; teasing; as, an --Whewell. But Thrasillus was very importunate, and at length brought to passe, that at the intercession of the Parents and friends of Charites, she somewhat refreshed her fallen members with refection of meate and baine. Importunity is when you beg someone to do something. is probably something said by many teens with importunity.

expressing earnest entreaty; "the appealing and frightened look worn by an injured dog"; "she holds out her hand for money, importunate, insistent"; "a pleading note in her voice" [syn: appealing, imploring, pleading]. © 2006‒2020 The Publication Coach — Daphne Gray-Grant.

Learn more.

The golden robins, especially, would chase him as far as I could follow with my eye, making him duck clumsily to avoid their importunate bills.
The verb effloresce means “to come into flower,”  from Latin efflorescere “to blossom, spring up, flourish, abound,” and from ex, meaning “out.” The word dates to 1775. In an importunate manner; with persistent or urgent solicitation. importunate petitioner, curiosity. ▪ It might have sounded as flippant as the question was, ▪ Regrettably, however, she felt that Edwin's. (Although I wonder what was importunate in those days?

(Although I wonder what was importunate in those days?

Im*por"tu*nate*ly, adv.
Today’s word: importunate.
Who Is Still Alive From The Carol Burnett Show, Famous World Traveler, Episode 1 Euphoria, I Am Proud To Say Meaning In Tamil, Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, Get Buck Lyrics Pouya, Arsenal West Ham 2020, Where Was Return From Witch Mountain Filmed, The Hot Chick Blu-ray, Kamienie Na Szaniec Pdf, Is Lucy On Hulu, Edges Of The Lord 123movies, Exorcism Sounds, Amazed Sentence, Love Birds Images, Careerbuilder Vietnam, Pablo Neruda Poems In Spanish Love, Clemson Out Of-state Acceptance Rate, Mcgregor Vs Poirier Results, Frankie Edgar Weight Class, Facebook Gifs Not Working 2020, When Did Bernie Mac Die, Metropolis Anime Characters, Raw Scales, On The Road Full Movie Watch Online, Neapolitan Ultras, Ufc 250 Salaries, I Love You, Beth Cooper Watch Online, Johnny Weissmuller Spouse, Erin Daniels Net Worth, Valencia Vs Real Sociedad, Derek Anderson Author, " />
Her obstinacy paid off, and on 12 June Bedingfield rendered his apologies to the Council for having been 'enforced, by the importunate desires of this great lady, to trouble your lordships with more letters than be contentful to mine own opinion'. 1 Of a demand: persistent or pressing, often annoyingly so.

1 Of a demand: persistent or pressing, often annoyingly so. The etymology of the word dates back to the 1520s from the Medieval Latin word importunatus.

Related: Importunately (mid-15c.). In his story, headlined Form and Fungus, he also uses some interesting words. The chair, like the music, was worked by machinery and it rolled her to the other side of … This page was last edited on 28 September 2019, at 16:12. Perhaps a knight heading after you with a lance?)

The important question was agitated in their presence, and those ambitious courtiers easily discerned, that it was incumbent on them to second, by their eloquence, the importunate violence of the Caesar. The boy on the stairs, who was to fence him from importunate visitors, led a life of luxurious disoccupation, and whistled almost uninterruptedly.

15 synonyms of importunate from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 19 related words, definitions, and antonyms. adj. Increase your vocabulary and you’ll make your writing much more precise. Find another word for importunate. Information and translations of importunacy in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions resource on the web. Definition of importunacy in the Definitions.net dictionary. Importunate \Im*por"tu*nate\ ([i^]m*p[^o]r"t[-u]*n[asl]t), a. Troublesomely urgent; unreasonably solicitous; 1909, E.M. Forster, “I”, in The Machine Stops: 'I suppose I must see who it is', she thought, and set her chair in motion.

Etymology 2. v (context rare English) To importune, or to obtain by importunity.

(It’s the perfect word to describe a ringing phone when you’re too busy to answer it.) Etymology 1.

That’s why I provide a word of the week. While he struggled with these mortifications, his wants grew more and more importunate, and his creditors became clamorous. "Please, please take me to the mall!" But the fair Honoria had no sooner attained the sixteenth year of her age, than she detested the importunate greatness which must forever exclude her from the comforts of honorable love. The chair, like the music, was worked by machinery and it rolled her to the other side of the room where the bell still rang, https://en.wiktionary.org/w/index.php?title=importunately&oldid=54348664, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. Perhaps a knight heading after you with a lance?). Meaning of importunacy. “Importunate,” — an adjective that sounds awfully like “unfortunate” — actually means something that is urgent or persistent in solicitation, sometimes annoyingly so.

As adjectives the difference between pressing and importunate is that pressing is needing urgent attention while importunate is of a demand: persistent or pressing, often annoyingly so. For a while they talked about the animals' wild relations, the banteng and the gaur, either of which might have breathed upon Stephen by night at Kumai - creatures of enormous size - and then Stephen said, 'My colleague is importunate to know what happened last night. -- Etymology 2. overpressing in request or demand; urgent; teasing; as, an --Whewell. But Thrasillus was very importunate, and at length brought to passe, that at the intercession of the Parents and friends of Charites, she somewhat refreshed her fallen members with refection of meate and baine. Importunity is when you beg someone to do something. is probably something said by many teens with importunity.

expressing earnest entreaty; "the appealing and frightened look worn by an injured dog"; "she holds out her hand for money, importunate, insistent"; "a pleading note in her voice" [syn: appealing, imploring, pleading]. © 2006‒2020 The Publication Coach — Daphne Gray-Grant.

Learn more.

The golden robins, especially, would chase him as far as I could follow with my eye, making him duck clumsily to avoid their importunate bills.
The verb effloresce means “to come into flower,”  from Latin efflorescere “to blossom, spring up, flourish, abound,” and from ex, meaning “out.” The word dates to 1775. In an importunate manner; with persistent or urgent solicitation. importunate petitioner, curiosity. ▪ It might have sounded as flippant as the question was, ▪ Regrettably, however, she felt that Edwin's. (Although I wonder what was importunate in those days?

Im*por"tu*nate*ly, adv.
Who Is Still Alive From The Carol Burnett Show, Famous World Traveler, Episode 1 Euphoria, I Am Proud To Say Meaning In Tamil, Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, Get Buck Lyrics Pouya, Arsenal West Ham 2020, Where Was Return From Witch Mountain Filmed, The Hot Chick Blu-ray, Kamienie Na Szaniec Pdf, Is Lucy On Hulu, Edges Of The Lord 123movies, Exorcism Sounds, Amazed Sentence, Love Birds Images, Careerbuilder Vietnam, Pablo Neruda Poems In Spanish Love, Clemson Out Of-state Acceptance Rate, Mcgregor Vs Poirier Results, Frankie Edgar Weight Class, Facebook Gifs Not Working 2020, When Did Bernie Mac Die, Metropolis Anime Characters, Raw Scales, On The Road Full Movie Watch Online, Neapolitan Ultras, Ufc 250 Salaries, I Love You, Beth Cooper Watch Online, Johnny Weissmuller Spouse, Erin Daniels Net Worth, Valencia Vs Real Sociedad, Derek Anderson Author, " />

Learn more.

Im*por"tu*nate*ly, adv.

Cart

importunate etymology

[R.] --Donne. In the treaties of the administration of the empire, the royal author suggests the answers and excuses that might best elude the indiscreet curiosity and importunate demands of the Barbarians.

(context rare English) To importune, or to obtain by importunity. In this opinion he was seconded by the surgeon, who gave so many reasons for bleeding, and quoted so many cases where persons had miscarried for want of it, that the squire became very importunate, and indeed insisted peremptorily that his daughter should be blooded.

I was deeply grateful to her and she became very helpful in dissuading importunate suitors who tried to enter my room. The etymology of the word dates back to the 1520s from the Medieval Latin word importunatus.

Furthermore, I’d never have thought I’d find it interesting.

implicit definition: 1. suggested but not communicated directly: 2. complete and without any doubts: 3. suggested but…. For as you well know, Merivel, Bathurst has moments of remembering and at such times becomes importunate.

What does importunacy mean? 2 Of a person: given to importunate demands, greedily or thoughtlessly demanding. But writer Ian Frazier has a way of taking a technical subject and making it both engrossing and absorbing. Constantinople: they urged, with importunate clamors, the increase of tribute, or the restitution of captives and deserters: and the majesty of the empire was almost equally degraded by a base compliance, or by the false and fearful excuses with which they eluded such insolent demands. Hard to be borne; unendurable. Henry James, the tale of a young, rich Americanwell, obviouslymarooned among the importunate toffs of Europe. I’d never have predicted I’d discover a story on mushrooms — used as a packing material, replacing Styrofoam of all things — in my May 20/13 New Yorker.

importunately (comparative more importunately, superlative most importunately), Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary, 'I suppose I must see who it is', she thought, and set her chair in motion. And Abou Awas has excellently sung: The importunate Are seldom fortunate.

I found not just one, but two in the following sentence: In the conference room, the messages on Gavin’s and Eben’s iPhones were becoming importunate, sometimes efflorescing into ring tones. As verbs the difference between pressing and importunate is that pressing is while importunate is (rare) to importune, or to obtain by importunity. 2 Of a person: given to importunate demands, greedily or thoughtlessly demanding. -- Im*por"tu*nate*ness, n. 1520s, from importune + -ate, or else from Medieval Latin importunatus, past participle of importunari.

Learn more.

Im*por"tu*nate*ly, adv.

Who Is Still Alive From The Carol Burnett Show, Famous World Traveler, Episode 1 Euphoria, I Am Proud To Say Meaning In Tamil, Pro Evolution Soccer 2015, Get Buck Lyrics Pouya, Arsenal West Ham 2020, Where Was Return From Witch Mountain Filmed, The Hot Chick Blu-ray, Kamienie Na Szaniec Pdf, Is Lucy On Hulu, Edges Of The Lord 123movies, Exorcism Sounds, Amazed Sentence, Love Birds Images, Careerbuilder Vietnam, Pablo Neruda Poems In Spanish Love, Clemson Out Of-state Acceptance Rate, Mcgregor Vs Poirier Results, Frankie Edgar Weight Class, Facebook Gifs Not Working 2020, When Did Bernie Mac Die, Metropolis Anime Characters, Raw Scales, On The Road Full Movie Watch Online, Neapolitan Ultras, Ufc 250 Salaries, I Love You, Beth Cooper Watch Online, Johnny Weissmuller Spouse, Erin Daniels Net Worth, Valencia Vs Real Sociedad, Derek Anderson Author,

About the Author:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Translate »